Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Monday, June 6, 2011

SOAP: Week 9 - Sirach

SOAP: Scripture verse, Observation, Application, and Prayer.

S - "Let your acquaintances be many, but one in a thousand your confidant."...."A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter; he who finds one finds a treasure.  A faithful friend is beyond price, no sum can balance his worth.  A faithful friend is a life-saving remedy, such as he who fears God finds; For he who fears God behaves accordingly, and his friend will be like himself." (Sirach 6: 6, 14-17)

O - Have you a friend that is a good confidant?  If so, you are truly blessed.  When I first started homeschooling, I felt like I was the only one in the world choosing this way of life.  Little by little - God introduced me to more homeschooling families.  The families all supported each other with wonderful activities for the children and mothers.  Little by little - I met new families with mothers who could be good friends.  Today, I am glad to say that I have a real friend in one of my homeschool mothers.  It took years to find a confidant like this friend.  I greatly admire her and her family.  It is wonderful to see homeschooling moms be able to support each other in holy friendship. 

- Always be a good listener when your friends are talking to you.  Oftentimes, it is hard to listen when children are making too much noise or need attention.  I guess the younger the children are - the more attention they need.  Moms with older children can be a great help to mothers with a lot of young ones.  Be there for them and support them.  Do not remain in a situation where you form a kind of 'click.'  Share your gifts and treasures and be known for your love of the faith!

- I pray that homeschooling mothers will find joy and peace in each others company to support and uplift one another without over scheduling their activities together.

No comments:

Post a Comment