Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Eileen is Grateful
It is time to list five things I am thankful for at Judy's blog on this Wednesday morning. So often, we can get overwhelmed by all the 'curve balls' life throws our way. Taking a moment to remember times that God has blessed us in our week helps us to feel less of an impact from these curve balls by remembering the great love our Father in heaven has for us. Just click on Judy's name to go the this great meme. Here is my list this week:
1) I am grateful for a dear friend who understood when I had to cancel a fun activity because I had to go up on my meds. It was very hard for me to do and she is so kind and understanding that we had to reschedule our fun time together. She is very supportive with someone like myself who has an illness that acts up at times. I am so thankful for her friendship.
2) I am very thankful for the 7th grade reading material Totally Tailored Reading provided me. I am really enjoying reading the books and know the kids will gain much from them next year in our history class. I am a slow reader and always need help finding good novels with historical relevance. I am glad I've been able to get this additional help for me.
3) I am grateful for our Sunday family prayer time together saying the rosary. It is always such a peaceful and united time as a family for us. We dedicated our marriage to the Blessed Mother and she has been there every step of the way for us bringing our petitions to her Son.
4) I am so thankful that my husband knows I am too hard on myself. He said that the summer and swim team should be fun. I need to stop worrying so much and just relax more this summer. My daughters are having a fun summer making friends and going to the pool often.
5) I'm grateful for my five year old's birthday this past week. Everyone was so attentive to him and we had fun eating chocolate cake together. He is pure joy for our family. I've been walking the dog with him and going through the 'boy scout path.' I talked about it before. I'll try to post some pictures of it later.