Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Homeschool Week

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


It is time for The Homeschool Mother's Journal summer edition. Just click on this name to join in.

In my Life this Week: I had a much more relaxing week where I was able to enjoy some lazy moments of summertime.  This was among all the driving my girls to swim team practice every morning and commuting my sons to their lifeguard jobs.  I took the opportunity to read more with my five year old.  I also had a nice visit with a co-op mom to help plan for next year.  Her two daughters came to hang out with my daughters while we took care of business over coffee.

In Our Homeschool Summer Week:

Religion: 1) Catechismclass.com - Abraham and Isaac 2) Journal - Peter and John help a lame man

Reading: 1) Pre-schooler - Catholic National Reader and library books 2)The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis.  

Math: 1) Corrections 2) Test  3) Investigation on Line Graphs  4) Simplifying Improper Fractions  5) Dividing by Two Digit Numbers

Physical Educ: 1) Swim Team practice

Places We're Going/People We're Seeing: Swim Team families, the pool, co-op mom.

My Favorite Thing this Week: Celebrating my five year olds birthday.  He really enjoyed eating chocolate cake and opening his cards.  He put all his gift money into a little box and I began to teach him the value of coins and dollars.

Books I'm ReadingEscape from Warsaw by Ian Serraillier

Things I'm Working On: 1) I'm still working on choosing materials for next year's curriculum and beginning to put together the schedule and book list for our co-op.  I also have to reserve the pavilion at our pool for a co-op get together.

Question I have:  Does your co-op participate in any summer activities?  How often does your co-op meet during the school year?

A Link, Photo, or Quote to Share:  "A kind mouth multiplies friends, and gracious lips prompt friendly greetings." Sirach 6:5

No comments:

Post a Comment