Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Simple Woman


Peggy's blog has a wonderful meme to share the simple pleasures we feel in life. Just click on the name to go to this meme.

Outside my window...It is a warm day but cooler than usual.  In fact, my four year old didn't want to stay at the pool this afternoon because he was chilly.  We have a mixture of blue sky and clouds in the sky here in Maryland on this Tuesday afternoon.

I am thinking...that I need to bring my sons checks to the bank tomorrow before it closes at 5:00 pm.

I am thankful for...children that help out with younger siblings and don't need alot of bells and whistles to be content.  This also means that my children do not search out strange things to make them happy.  They remain on the straight and narrow which paves a path toward heavenly realities.

From the learning rooms...my daughter is reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis and my high schooler is reading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.  My four year old is working nicely with his reader and NOL journaling.  One of my college sons is teaching his self how to play the guitar.

From the Kitchen...We are having a roast, mashed potatoes, and broccoli and cheese tonight.  In fact, I am cooking it while I do this.

I am wearing...blue jean capris with a kelly green summer tee and my favorite brown flip flops.

I am creating...space for us to use our sewing machine.

I am going...absolutely nowhere tonight.

I am reading...still The Chosen by Chaim Potok

I am hoping...that my children always say their Morning Offering.  My friend made me think of this today as she requested a copy of the prayer to teach her own children.  My college sons continue to say it today.

I am hearing...the t.v. on very low while my four year old is watching Toy Story and playing with some kind of wind up toy.

Around the house....it still looks 'lived in.'  There are books and papers various places.  I picked up my job from the copy center today.  I will have something very nice for the little ones at co-op next year.

A few plans for the rest of the week...go to the spaghetti dinner for swim team families this Friday evening.

A picture or thought to leave you with..."Listen to silence; it is worth listening to."

No comments:

Post a Comment