Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Friday, June 3, 2011

My Homeschool Week




It is time for The Homeschool Mother's Journal summer edition.  Just click on this name to join in.

In my Life this Week: We had our last co-op this week with a Mass at the ending.  The children were all so good.  We will be gathering for our end-of-the-year picnic soon.  My two college sons are in full swing working as lifeguards now.  One of them had to save a little girl already.  I'm so proud of him.  My high schooler only has one more week of school left for exams.  It has been a hectic week scheduling when and who is using the cars.  Therefore, I'm glad we are on a light schedule. 

In Our Homeschool Summer Week:

Religion: 1) Catechismclass.com - The Wedding at Cana and 2) The Proclamation of the Kingdom 3) Journal - The Resurrection

Writing: 1) Completed first draft on IEW summary.

Reading: 1) William Bennett's - The Moral Compass and The Book of Virtues 2) Pre-schooler - Catholic National Reader and library books  3)The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis.

Math: 1) Corrections  2) Converting Units of Capacity 3) Pre-schooler - MCP Math

Music: 1) Piano Lessons and practice.

Physical Educ: 1) Ballet Rehearsal and Recitals  2) Swim Team practice

Places We're Going/People We're Seeing: Co-op families, Swim Team families, the pool, the pool, and the pool again.

My Favorite Thing this Week: My favorite part of the week was definately our co-op Mass.

Books I'm Reading:  The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

Things I'm Working On:  1) Right now I'm getting a list of literature recommendations for my seventh grader from Ttailoredreading.com.  2) I also finished preparing a book to teach our pre-k and kindergardners in the co-op the rosary for next year.  3) I just received a beach ball of the world for my dance and movement class and am currently working on a song for the children.  4) I have to put my daughter's hair up for her ballet recital tonight.  We will be busy a good part of this weekend with her recital.

A Link, Photo, or Quote to Share: It takes 26 muscles to smile and 62 muscles to frown.

No comments:

Post a Comment