Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Saturday, June 29, 2013

7 Quick Takes




It's time for 7 Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.

1.)  My husband and I went on two long walks through a beautiful path in our town.  It seems to be the only way we can really communicate with each other well.  We escape the computer, kids, chores, responsibilities, etc. of our household and just have nature and each other.  Like Adam and Eve in the Garden of Paradise.  Might it be that less is more?  Don't worry...we were fully dressed!

2.)  I took some picks of these beautiful flowers in our garden the other day.  Hubby was out pulling weeds while the kids played in the house.  The house was filled with laughter from the kids and playing with the dog.  It was a great day.





3)  We had a nice time at the kid's swim meat the other day.  It is nice to be out doors in good weather and communicating with wonderful families.






4)  We are developing a plan for cleaning and organizing the house next week while hubby is off work.  It really needs to be done.  Especially, if I want to continue to hold my Journal Writing Classes for my son and his friends next year. 

5)  My son made my day by posting this on his facebook:

"Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own home. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor . . . Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting.” - Mother Teresa

6)  I finally got my review done before I had to pay the late fee to register my son with our umbrella group for next year's homeschooling.

7)  My daughter is volunteering at a local hospital one day a week this summer.  She was waiting to hear back from the person in the volunteer office to tell her which day to come in and be trained.  She never heard back.  Therefore, the last day of her availability to go in and be trained...we just drove down and she showed up.  It was a good thing too because she saw the woman who was supposed to email her and she had time to send her to training. 

My daughter couldn't understand why we were doing this at first but sometimes you have to take the initiative to show you are interested.  They can be a little unorganized at this volunteer office sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment