Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Friday, June 21, 2013

7 Quick Takes



It's time for 7 Quick Takes over at Conversion Diary.  Just click on this link to participate.

1.)  Yesterday, I was feeling reluctant to drive my daughter to her volunteer job at the hospital because I was driving like a crazy woman to and from swim team and swim lessons.  Bringing her to the volunteer job was just one more trip I had to make in the morning.  Nevertheless, I pushed myself to make the trip.  It turns out that it was so worth while because I was able to get some birthday gifts for my son's seventh birthday today.  They even wrap the gifts in the store for you.  This was one less thing I had to do.  This was not in my plans but I'm glad I eventually figured it out.  In fact, I was planning on going to the library while I waited for my daughter's training session to end.  The library is being renovated and it was closed.  Therefore, I thought about going to a small toy store nearby and it wasn't until this moment that I remembered I had to buy a gift for my son today.  Does this ever happen to you?  I'm glad I pushed myself out the door to bring my daughter to this important job and low and behold...accomplished another unexpected priority.  I should make a written list the day before so that I will remember to do important things.

2)  It was great to be able to work with my son on his math in the backyard on the deck yesterday.  The last couple of days have been beautiful weather here in Maryland.  There are not any bugs yet.  We had the pleasure of observing our puppy chew up an old patio furniture pillow while we worked on math.  The lightening bugs are just beginning to appear more at night.

3)  I'm glad I e-mailed my friend to remind her of my son's birthday party in another week.  She is going through a rough bout of some kind of flue going through her family.  She needed to be reminded that we can sit under the umbrellas, drink cold drinks, and chat.  Something to look forward to.  It will be held at a water park where the kids can run under gigantic sprinkler systems.

4)  My reviewer is coming over today to look at my son's work so that I can finish up his homeschool year and register him for next year.  The price goes up next month so I want to send it in.  My reviewer is an experienced homeschooler and is so nice.

5)  Today we will have just my Son's family celebration for his birthday.  I made a cake already.  I'm grateful that they are happy with just cake and cards.  I've seen parents who create these lavish birthday parties when their children are two years old.  This just stimulates a desire in children to expect more and more at each subsequent birthday.  We keep it simple and the kids are happy with this.

6)  I was fortunate to be able to do a little scrapbooking the other day.  I would like to eventually set up a table in a room for this.  I had to use the kitchen island.  It was good to be able to accomplish this.

7)  I'm going to return my books from the neighboring county's library today and go register to teach my son's religious education class next year.  Our county's library severely reduced their hours and some of them need to learn how to be customer service oriented.  Therefore, we go to neighboring counties.  There is one to the north and one to the east that we use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment