Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Monday, June 3, 2013

Light in the Darkness






















I am posting to Light in the Darkness today.  What a joy to express some good news during the week.  Just click on the link to participate.

Today, I began teaching my son the Memorare prayer.  It is such a powerful prayer and my husband and I devoted our marriage to the Blessed Mother.  I am so excited for him to learn this prayer.  He is in first grade and his faith is very strong already.  Afterwards, we will learn the other prayers that we say at the end of the rosary like the St. Michael's prayer and then the Magnificat.  We try to say the whole rosary on Sundays.  We say a decade every day and my son recalls all Five Mysteries each day.  Now we can end with the Memorare.





Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. 
           
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.


Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/memorare.htm#ixzz2V9vqDNKD

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining me this week! Our Catholic Faith is chock full of so many wonderful prayers. It's wonderful that your son is learning them at a young age.

    ReplyDelete