Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Eileen is Grateful

It's Wednesday and that means it's time for me to list five things I'm thankful for and post them to Judy's blog.  I love this meme because a grateful heart is a happy heart!

1)  I am so thankful for my daughter's ballet instructor.  She is serious about making sure the girls learn proper techniques in a fun manner.  This instructor is tough on the girls at times but often throws in a joke or something humorous.  She really knows her trade.  My daughter pointed out how she really cares that the girls learn properly, where as, a teacher she had in the past wasn't as good.

2)  I am very thankful for the Rosary.  It is wonderful to hear my little four year old's voice try to follow along and say the Hail Mary with us.  He is really learning.  Mary has given us such a gift in this powerful prayer!

3)  I am thankful that my two college age sons are easy to shop for when we have to make a last minute run to wal-mart before I drive them back to college tomorrow.  They always get the basics:  white T's, boxers, socks, jeans, etc.  They can always find what they need at wal-mart and always look good in it.  (It's very different when I shop - I can't find anything half the time.)  I'll miss my sons!

4)  I'm thankful for the wonderful visit I had with my friend on Monday.  The children all played together well.  The older kids explored the pond for an hour while the younger kids were playing with toys.  We had a good visit and developed an idea we have to teach a co-op class together next year.

5)  I'm thankful for the little nook in the kitchen I can set up when visitors come.  It's just the countertop where the coffee pot, tea, sugar and creamer set, and spoons and cups go for easy access to necessities.  Sometimes the kids can make sticky cups and sticky counters everywhere else.  This is the spot that is ADULTS ONLY!  So it is nice and clean.

3 comments:

  1. What a great list! I've just begun to pray the rosary on a regular basis w/in the last year & find it so comforting. And those visits w/ friends are just wonderful, aren't they? One of my friends & I like to call our get-togethers "Mom Therapy!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your wonderful list, yes it is so important to only entrust our children to caring and competent teachers.
    Great you have a nook for your callers too.
    Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE the thought of these blessings!
    A kitchen nook...how wonderful!
    And, I'll bet that pond was C-O-L-D!!!!
    Glad you had such a nice time with friends!
    Hope to hear more about your co-op ideas!
    Thanks for lifting your heart in thanksgiving with me!

    ReplyDelete