Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sabbath Moments

Colleen's blog has a wonderful spot where one can record Sabbath moments encountered in their life.  Below is my list of some Sabbath moments I can presently think of:

1)  Today I am going to spend some 'girl time' with my sixth grade daughter.  I am taking her to a class at our local hospital to learn important information about babysitting.  She is showing a desire to earn money occasionally and asked me if she could take this class.  I am looking forward to talking with her in the car ride to and from the hospital.  Maybe we can also go out for a bite to eat somewhere.  This is individual attention that I will be giving to her without the added demands at home interfering in our conversation.  Our Faith is a definite asset to mention in our conversation with eachother.  These mother-daughter moments are cherished times for us.

2)  On Friday morning I was able to attend a parent coffee at my daughter's school.  Beforehand, I said five decades of the rosary in the little chapel in the school before the tabernacle.  Afterwards, I had wonderful conversations with some of the mothers who also have their daughters on the swim team.  My daughter was chosen to attend a prestigious swim meat at Villanova.  It will be an exciting time for her.  The other moms were very welcoming and I enjoyed getting to know them better.  Although, I was late joining them because I was so lost in my 'Sabbath Moment' in the chapel.  This is o.k. though.

3)  This Sunday we will be saying our family rosary together.  This is always a Sabbath Moment for me.  In fact, I think it is my favorite time of the week!  The rosary brings so much peace and unity to our family.  I am so grateful for it.  My weekend would not be complete without it.  Although, occasionally busy schedules cause us to re-schedule it.

No comments:

Post a Comment