Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook





It is time for a Simple Woman's Daybook.  Just click on the link to participate.

Outside my window...it cloudy, still, quiet, and warm.  The weather here in Maryland has been very hot recently and today it is a bit cooler.  I just came in from walking our dog.

I am thinking...that I'm glad a brought some extra food from the swim team banquet over my friends house.  We had coffee and conversation that was so enjoyable.  I'm glad she had time to visit with me.  I actually went to high school with her and she was in my class.

I am thankful...the successful swim team banquet that was held this past weekend.  The kids had so much fun and the food was delicious.  Here are some pics:




In the kitchen...we brought home potato salad and macaroni and cheese left over from the banquet.  We just had this with chicken.

I am wearing...a blue danskin warm up.

I am creating...I finished one of the crafts for a Creation book I'm going to read the kids in the journal writing class in the fall.  The pieces are ready for the children to use.  I just have to finalize the example I will show them.

I am going...to bring my daughter to a pool party with her ninth grade friends tomorrow.

I am wondering...when my daughter's summer reading books will be available at the library.  I reserved them for her yesterday with a neighboring county's library.  Our county's library has poor hours.  It is frustrating.

I am looking forward to...I can't get my mind off our vacation to Ocean City, Maryland.  I'm constantly counting down the days.

I am hearing...my daughters talking in the kitchen and our dog chewing on her rope.

Around the house...I need to tidy up a bit and now my daughters are trying to get something away from the dog.

I am praying...for my two college sons.

One of my favorite things...was how well my daughter and her friend worked on plans for the school year yesterday.  Her friend came up to plan activities for their class because she is the president of the class and my daughter is the vice president.  They focused and communicated extremely well and accomplished a lot.

A few plans for the rest of the week...is to continue to drive my daughters to the locations they need to be for work and fun.

 Here are some pictures to share from swim team banquet.  I am in the purple:




No comments:

Post a Comment