Wednesday, July 17, 2013
It is time for Deos Gratias where we list five things we are thankful for during our week. Just come on over to Thoughts on Grace at Colleen's blog to participate.
1) I am especially grateful that we are here to speak with our son regarding the situation with his girlfriend. He is going through a difficult time and he is reaching out to us for advice. We spoke to him on the back deck last night and he is handling the situation beautifully even though his heart is breaking. Please pray for him that he strengthens his heart and is at peace.
2) The parade in our town went very well and it was a good time for all. The swim team marched in the parade and the kids had a great time.
3) The swim team went to Hershey Park and we all had a great time. I am one who does not do well in crowds all day long. Therefore, my son and I went in the big wave pool often instead of going on every ride and waiting in lines. It was almost like being at the beach. We also went down the Lazy River in inner tubes.
4) I'm glad I was able to recover from walking all day long at Hershey Park yesterday. Now that I am older, I can not keep up with the kids as much and I needed a day to rest more. I took an afternoon nap yesterday.
5) I'm grateful that the bon fire and dive in movie went well for the kids on swim team.