Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Deo Gratias




It is time to make a list of various events I am thankful for that have occurred this past week.  To participate join Thoughts on Grace at Colleen's blog under Deos Gratias.

1)  I am grateful the my seven year old finally swam across the length of the swimming pool yesterday - July 9th.  Now he will be able to swim in the Cookie Meet on Thursday with his age group.  It is so exciting to see their little bodies in that giant pool struggling to get to the other side as you cheer them on.  I am so happy for him.

2)  I am thankful for toast, peanut butter, and banana snacks for my son.  They are healthy, easy to make, and delicious.  No the dog can't have any.



3)  I am ecstatic that my 21 year old son finally got a good used car.  It looks like it is brand new.  It is a white Honda that cost $7000.  We are fortunate to know a very kind and honest mechanic who we found to buy it from.  Now my son can come and go without trying to see who needs the car.  This is soooooo what he needed!

4)  Our 4th of July celebration went extremely well.  We attended Baker Park in Frederick, Maryland and listened to Lone Star.   This was the best part.  We were all spread out in lawn chairs while the kids sat on blankets listening to good country music.  The fire works were too short but it didn't matter.  Afterwards, the traffic getting out of the parking lot was all backed up.  Therefore, my hubby and I and another couple danced to oldies in the parking lot for over an hour until traffic moved.  I think we were scaring the kids as they all huddled in one of the cars.  It was great fun.  Also, this is out of character for my hubby.  He usually parks in the best exit spot and is one of the first to leave.

5)  I am grateful that I am taking more time to listen to Fr. Barron's Word on Fire website.  He is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment