Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Simple Woman


Peggy's blog has a wonderful meme to share the simple pleasures we feel in life. Just click on the name to go to this meme.

Outside my window...It's a cloudy and rainey evening.  A few minutes ago there was thunder off in the distance.

I am thinking...that I am so grateful that I made it home in time to make my 19 year old his birthday dinner.  Traffic was backed up on my way to pick up my daughter from school.  In fact, they were directing traffic to go another way because of a bad accident.  I know no other way to my daughter's school.  Therefore, I had to meet my husband at a nearby metro so he could take the car a different route to my daughter's school.  I took the metro to our other car and drove home while my husband went a different way to get my daughter.

I am thankful for...a husband that knows directions good!

From the learning rooms...we are making spoon bread and apple pie for our colonial celebration at the co-op.

From the Kitchen...My son requested 'Pizza Caserole with Pepperoni.'  He told me to leave out the onion and throw in some bacon.  Since it is his birthday, he got what he asked for.

I am wearing...pink jogging shorts and matching top with flip flops
.
I am creating...a book for teaching the little ones the rosary at co-op for next year.

I am going...to the grocery store again tomorrow.  I've been three times today.  We spent much time in the kitchen today making the apple pie, my son's birthday cake and dinner, and some keish.

I am reading...The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.

I am hoping...that we can renew our wedding vows for our 25th wedding anniversary this year.

I am hearing...the sound of my children playing games together on the computer.

Around the house....there are dishes to wash, clothes to fold, and things to organize.

A few plans for the rest of the week...sign my daughter up for a cake decorating class.

A picture or thought to leave you with...
"People exchange ideas easier than they change them."

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing to be able to prepare your son's birthday meal yourself. I think it's so much nicer than going out (not that going out to dinner is bad, just a more special gift to make the meal yourself).

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee...this post makes me want to come and spend the day at YOUR house:)) It all sounds so lovely.

    ReplyDelete