Friday, May 20, 2011
Eileen is Grateful
It's time once again to post to Judy's blog to share the wonderful ways God has touched our lives this week. No matter how small the incident that occurs, it is extremely important to be thankful. Recording events where graciousness touched our hearts helps us to see beyond worldly affairs into the spiritual realm of our lives. A realm that helps us to remember how God loves us.
1) There has been a Baltimore Oriole flying around our house this week. It is hard to catch sight of it, but we constantly hear its beautiful singing. Yes, this is our state bird and we don't see them every day. Have you ever heard one? The sound is so clear and distinct and very high pitched. When we've heard it, we've often run over to the window to try and spot it. What a beautiful sound that comes from this bird. I'm grateful to be able to listen to the beautiful melodies it brought us this week. What would we do if we couldn't hear the birds?
2) I am very thankful that I was able to set up a small prayer table so that we can crown our statue of Mary with roses this month. My daughter also reads a passage from "Imitation of Mary." This book is beautifully written. Mary is our Dear Mother in heaven and needs to be honored this month. If you haven't done so yet, try to put flowers all around your Mary statue this month so your children will come to her.
3) I am thankful that I was able to send my review into our umbrella school this week. My reviewer came before we left on vacation. She is absolutely wonderful as she comes at the most convenient and important times. It is always a joy to talk with her.
4) I am grateful that we were able to visit my mom for Mother's Day. We haven't been able to get up to see her much and we finally made the trip. She is 1 1/2 hours away in Berkely Springs, WV. We had a wonderful visit. Please keep my mom in your prayers as she has bad arthritis. She had to sit on a heating pad part of the time we were there.
5) I am thankful that my daughter was able to help out at our Good As New Sale at the parish to earn 5 more hours of community service. Her hours have to be turned in soon, and we needed to find her something else to put in her record.