Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tea Talk


I am posting to Ruth's blog today to share part of my day with you and to remind mothers with small children to try and take things a step at a time.

I am was having my usual morning coffee with a hint of hazelnut creamer.

My mug was a University of Maryland mug.  Go Terps!

I'm was feeling relieved because I just calmed my four year old's tantrum of getting too upset over little things from escalating.  My little son had a very good early morning routine of doing some fine homeschooling.  Suddenly, the late morning brought a fussy attitude on when I had to complete some work with my sixth grader.  Initially, I wanted to punish him with a time out.  Instead, I got down to his eye level and spoke calmly to him.  I had a big conversation about his attitude with him while he was eating his lunch.  Afterwards, I found a short little story about not getting angry and choosing to control yourself.  He was much happier and calmer afterwards.  I am grateful for the Lord for leading me in this direction while teaching my son.

On my mind was our conversation at dinner time last night about an article which said "The Antichrist will come as one helping the poor, but ignoring moral principles and God himself."  My husband also pointed out that Pope Benedict brought this same subject up in his book.  How many leaders do we have today that use helping the poor as a means to get personal attention?  The article also says:  "Jesus said, 'The poor you will always have with you.'  In saying this he is quoting Deut. 15:11 where we read...'the poor will never cease out of the land...'  But Jesus counters with '...but you will not always have me.'  This is why it is appropriate to build magnificent churches to give glory to God, even when there are the poor to feed."

I will leave you with another saying my daughter picked out from her 'Attitudes in a Jar.'

"Contentment is hoping for the best and making the best of what you get."
(Let's hope for good virtuous leaders and smarter knowledgeable voters.)

No comments:

Post a Comment