Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Eileen is Grateful


It's time to post to Judy's blog which is a wonderful way to look back on our week and remember times that uplifted us and spoke to our hearts.

1)  I am very thankful for my haircutter.  She cut my daughter's and four year old son's hair before we leave on vacation.  It was the first time my son got an official hair cut as I have been trimming his hair for him in the past.  She made it loads of fun for him by letting him sit in a fun spinning chair and showing him the items she would use beforehand.  We tried a few months ago at Hair Cuttery but he was too upset.  I'm really glad we have her for a hair cutter.  She works out of her home.  I will miss all of you next week.  Remember my thoughts and prayers are with you.

2)  I'm grateful that I was able to attend and help out at our homeschool co-op meeting to plan next year's classes.  Most of the high schoolers are choosing to utilize other learning programs and we may be loosing some moms.  Therefore, we had to compensate for this and come up with a plan.  All the moms did a great job and it was wonderful to spend the evening with them while some of our kids had fellowship together.

3)  I am thankful that last night I was able to just sit and curl up with my son as we watched the Backyardigans and Blue's Clues together.  My son is so warm and cozy to snuggle with and I love for the times I can be close with him.  I don't have much down time for t.v. but these shows are wonderfully done and I'm glad I took the opportunity to snuggle with my son while they were on.

4)  Yesterday I was grateful for the gentle spring rain we had but today it is still raining and I have to go out in it.  Hopefully, it will let up.  Anyway, it was nice to be able to answer my son when he asked why it was raining so much with an answer related to God pouring out his love to help the flowers grow.  When it rains, it is also a bit of a motivator for my children to do their work.

5)  I am grateful for the friends my high schooler has as she shares stories with me of the goings on at her school.  It sounds as though the girls really get along and are bonding in holy friendship.  It's nice to know they can have a little fun during their down time at school.  For example, one of her friends tied her shoes together the other day just for fun.  They are so close that they are like sisters now.  My high schooler has maintained and strengthened her relationship with her own siblings at the same time.  I'm glad for this.  It was all in fun and the girls are creating warm memories together as they go to their classes and learn.  She is now reading Pride and Prejudice for her English class.  They focus on a lot of the classics and it is an area that is so helpful to me.  I am so thankful for this little miracle of a school on the beltway surrounding WDC as we know WDC isn't known for good things all the time.  Especially now!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice week. I love to hear about women spending time with their families. those days go so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blessings! I just LOVE the Backyardigans! Their songs are so fun & they have such wonderful imaginations.

    Have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete