Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Simple Woman


Peggy's blog has a wonderful meme to share the simple pleasures we feel in life.  I thought I would post this picture as I am using a different computer.  As the sun rises and sets, know that the simple things in life can bring you joy.

Outside my window...it is bright and sunny with a nice mildly cool breeze blowing.  Finally, the kids are playing outside on the swing set for an hour.

I am thinking...about my mother in law wanting to sell her beach house.  It will be a big mistake if she cuts off her children from inheriting this valuable family vacation spot.

I am thankful for...my two oldest college-going sons who called me yesterday on my birthday!  It made my heart melt!

From the learning rooms...All the children are progressing nicely.  See my blog for My Homeschool Week.

From the Kitchen...We have a luxury tonight which will be salmon filets with crab and lobster stuffing, rice, and beans.  My husband usually barbeques the salmon as we FINALLY have good weather for it.

I am wearing...jean shorts, a green tee, and black flip flops with my hair pulled back in a pony tail.

I am creating...a new blog - help!

I am going...to pick one of my sons up from college for an orthodontist appointment tomorrow.  It will be good to see him.

I am reading...the April/May issue of Living City magazine.

I am hoping...that it does not rain when we plan to vacation in Hilton Head, SC during my daughter's spring break this month.

I am hearing...the sound of my children playing outside and the nice breeze.

Around the house...we did a major decluttering in our basement this past weekend.

A few plans for the rest of the week...attend a Princeton scholar's lecture on "Educating the American Girl" at my daughter's high school.

A picture or thought to leave you with...points to the beauty of believing in eternal life.

"Life becomes a bore only if you lose your appetite for the future." Bette Davis

1 comment:

  1. So nice to see you over at Peggy's!
    Sure hope that your vacation was not affected by the terrible storm down south which I'm seeing in the news. And, a happy belated birthday to you!
    Was Nikki able to help with the blog?

    ReplyDelete