Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Eileen is Grateful
It is time once again to post to Judy's blog to list the things I am thankful for this past week. A grateful heart is worth listening to because it instills in our minds the realities and truths of our lives to be put in their proper perspective. This week I am grateful for:
1) I am thankful for the dirty dishes I have to clean in my sink. I can complain about this but know some day when the kids all move out of the house I may not have this responsibility. Will I miss it? Right now I don't think I will. Nevertheless, I try to think of the future and having a clean sink with no kids in the house. I may miss this, and therefore will turn my complaining into praising!
2) I am grateful that I was able to see one of my older sons yesterday because he had an orthodontist appointment. He is in college now and it warms my heart to see either of my older sons as their maturity and wisdom always shines through to rest my heart at ease to see that they are thriving and safe at college.
3) I am thankful for family members that remembered my birthday. My four year old was so excited for me. The chocolate cake is gone now but it was nice to enjoy a piece with a glass of wine. It is truly a blessing to be remembered on my birthday. I would trade this in for all the fancy presents in the world.
4) I am grateful for the opportunity my husband and I had this past week to declutter and organize much of our basement.
5) I am grateful for my other blog I thought of creating. Only I can't figure out how to do things on it to make it work right. If anyone has extra time on their hands (yea right) to help me - let me know. I would be very grateful. I just need to make a header or introduction page and learn how to use Mr. Linky.