Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Eileen is Grateful


It is time again to post to Judy's blog for her wonderful meme where we can share our many blessings with eachother.  Just click on her name to participate.  Here is my list of thankfulness this week:

1)  I am so thankful that we had great weather on our vacation last week.  We were able to enjoy the beach and spend a lot of time just 'chillin' together.  Our vacation was a much needed wonderful break from the usual routine.  Our four year old developed a little cough so we had to be careful with him.  He was o.k. - just needed to wear a jacket sometimes and limit the amount of time he was out on the beach.  Everytime we went up to our hotel room, he went running down the hall to our room.  He definately still had energy.  I'm glad to say his cough is cleared up now.  (Thank you Marriot rewards points!)

2)  I am grateful for the Easter celebration we had at our house.  Unfortunately, we were trying to keep use of the water to a minimum because we had a small leak in one of the pipes to our water heater.  Therefore, we ate off paper plates.  My college son's girlfriend understood and didn't mind at all as she was our guest on Easter.  We got the $2400.00 work done to get a new pipe and water heater yesterday.  Yikes!  This brings me to #3.

3)  I am so thankful to be able to take showers and flush toilets to have clean running water and sanitary conditions.  Can you imagine what it would be like not to have this?  I worry about those in poor countries that do not have this.  It is so extremely important.

4)  I am grateful for the time I was able to spend yesterday in prayer on my back deck while my 6th grader was doing her History research.  I was watching my four year old write with chalk, ride his bike, kill ants and bees, play with sticks, etc.  It was a beautiful day to admire God's Creation and spend time in prayer while watching my little boy at play!

5)  I am so grateful for my son's sweet girlfriend.  She has a strong committment to service as she helped my four year old find the Easter eggs and assisted me when I had a homeschool math question.  It is wonderful to see my son and her together and I hope it works out for them to have a future together.  Am I wishing for too much?  I hope not.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a great vacation & Easter! Sounds like a lot of wonderful family-bonding time. It never ceases to amaze me how much energy kids can have when they are sick. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete