Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Clingy Four Year Old?

I love to snuggle with my 4 year old.  Nevertheless, he is getting quite heavy lately.  I feel like I'm a magnet sometimes.

Sometimes, when I am trying to relax he seems to be trying to snuggle in a very wiggly way.  For some reason, he likes my stomach and tries to squeeze it a lot (fatso - just kidding).  He piles pillows on me and then jumps on them.  He thinks I'm a jungle gym.

He does have still moments, but these active times are getting harder to put up with the bigger he gets now.  I'm worried that he needs more discipline or needs to be a bit more independant.

When we are at Church, he prefers to be with mommy most of the time.  If dh tries to get him he often fusses.  Other 4 year olds stand nicely in the pew.  My Patrick, oftentimes, wants to be held still.  He likes to be able to see and my family does not like to sit in the front.

He ripped the zipper of my dress at my son's graduation because he was wiggling in my lap too much.  Fortunately, my older son spared me his suit jacket.

Anyway, you can see where this is going.  How independant is your 4 year old?  Also, how often does your dh play with him/her?  Sometimes, I wish my dh could be a magnet too now that Patrick is getting bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment