Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Eileen is Grateful
It is time to post what I am thankful for this week on Judy's blog for her meme. If we can elevate what we are most thankful for above all the mishaps and problems, we will see more clearly into God's will for us!
1) I am so thankful that some of the homeschool moms from the co-op realized my four year old was having a melt down because we had to leave early to drive my older sons to an interview. One of them escorted us out to the car to say good-bye. My four year old did not want to leave or say good-bye. Which brings me to #2...
2) I am grateful that I was able to go to adoration and reflection last night at a near by Church. In the reflection, it was stated that Saint Jose Maria Escriva (spelling) said that "those who love much don't know how to say good bye." There was more of his quote after this that made sense too. Something like "because they take the person with them." I've been through this before with my other children and sometimes I have the same problem of not knowing how to say good bye. Maybe we're normal after all!
3) I am thankful that my sixth grade daughter finished her book report on The Witch of Blackbird Pond and was able to make colonial peanut butter fudge for her class on her own. She did an excellent job.
4) I am grateful that my high schoolers last swim meet is tonight. She needs a much deserved break from waking up at 4:30 am three days a week to go to practice. Plus a swim meet once a week in the evening/afternoon. It was a very good experience for her and provided a venue for my husband to bond with her. I know there is a special relationship between fathers and daughters. I remember! (I never said good bye to my father either - just see you later with a big hug.) He was the same way!
5) I am grateful to be able to share this meme with such wonderful blogger friends. I really enjoy hearing about your lives. I will never say good bye because I carry you with me in my thoughts and prayers!