Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tea Talk


I am posting to Ruth's blog today for my Tea Talk.  I really enjoy hearing about everyone's day on this meme.

I am having my usual coffee with a hint of hazelnut creamer.

My mug is my sweet father's (passed away in 2007) Holy Name Society mug with his prayer on it which reads:

Holy Name Pledge
Blessed be God.
Blessed be His Holy Name.
Blessed be Jesus Christ true God & true man.
Blessed be the Name of Jesus.
I believe, O Jesus - that Thou art the Christ - the Son of the Living God.
I proclaim my love - for the Vicar of Christ on earth.
I believe all the sacred truths - which the Holy Catholic Church believes & teaches.
I promise to give good example by the regular practice of my faith in honor of His Divine Name.
I pledge myself against perjury, blasphemy, profanity, & obscene speech.
I pledge my loyalty to the flag of my country & to the God-given principles of freedom, justice, and happiness for which it stands.
I pledge my support to all lawful authority - both civil and religious.
I dedicate my manhood (myself) to the honor of the sacred Name of Jesus Christ and beg that he will keep me faithful to these pledges until death.

I was feeling wide awake for 3:00 am in the morning.  This insomnia happens to me occasionally.  Sometimes it is hard to bare.  Tonight though I feel as though I've had enough sleep which was only 5 hours.

I am a morning person.  Therefore, when I rise early - my day seems to be much more productive.  Plus - it is quite time for me.  I believe I will say the rosary after I post this.

On my mind I am hoping that the resources I lent to my friends will be returned today.  I lent a Saint story to a friend over a year ago.  It had my own notes in it.  My daughter may choose this Saint for her confirmation name.  Anyway, I had to remind my friend to return it finally.  I don't like doing this, but it needed to be done.  I hope she knows it is just a friendly reminder!

I am also being pulled away from homeschooling my younger children to driving my college sons to a job interview.  I hope I do not get lost on my way from University of Maryland to the job site.  It will be a joy to see my two sons!

No comments:

Post a Comment