Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Eileen is Grateful
It's time to post to Judy's blog this week for the things I am thankful for in my life. It is such a joy to count our blessings in the midst of so much turmoil going on in the world. It is good to know that God does indeed to care of his flock who follows his voice!
1) I am very grateful for the Morning Offering my children and I say together every morning. Sometimes I say it two to three times if our schedules are running at different times. I don't mind though. I feel like I need and desire this lovely prayer:
Come Holy Spirit, Help me to say my prayers well.
Oh Blessed Trinity, I believe in you, I hope in you, I love you, I adore you.
Oh My God, I offer you all my thoughts, words, actions, and sufferings of this day.
To please you, to honor you, to make up for my sins.
Sweet Mother Mary, Keep me in you care.
Oh Virgin Mother Mary, Help me to heaven above.
Mother of Jesus, Keep me always as your loving child. Amen.
2) I am thankful that my husband knows how to cook salmon on the barbeque. Last night he went ahead and made the dinner. I only set the table with the children and cleaned up. It gave me time to relax and have a glass of wine. DH is the one who knows how to cook fish around here. We have salmon often. I can work the grill when the weather is warmer. Nevertheless, we have to throw a match in to get the fire going because there is something wrong with the grill. I just stand far away because I don't like doing this. When my older sons are home in the summer, they help me. I am looking forward to warmer weather with more grilling!
3) I am thankful for Crystal Light drink mix. It isn't too sweet, low in calories, and is healthier than many other mixed drinks. I drink the rasberry ice, iced tea, and peach tea. I can no longer drink lots of soda like I did when I was younger. My four year old likes it too. It is a nice change from all the sugary and syrupy juices for young ones.
4) I am thankful for children that like to learn about Jesus and continuously turn to him every week to be fed and nourished. I am so grateful for the simple bible story books they have now for little ones. Little ones need pictures when you read to them. It is so nice to bring the truth of God's love for us to little ones!
5) I am so grateful for warmer weather beginning to trickle into Maryland. I really have a hard time in colder weather at times. Warmer weather helps me do more, clean more, and get out more. I can't wait for summer!