Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Answer Me This




1. What's for dinner?

I think today is one of the hottest summer days to arrive in Maryland as it may get up into the 90's for one of the first times this year.  Therefore, we cooked a roast and carrots in the crock pot on Sunday and all we need to do is warm it up in the microwave without turning on the stove.  I'll fix some mashed potatoes and gravy with this.

2. What's the last thing you borrowed from someone?

A vacuum.  I hate vacuum problems when my rugs are messy.  My good friend let me use her vacuum once and she said I could have it as she had two and didn't need both.  She is a life saver!  My hubby is slow at spending money on new vacuum cleaners.  The rugs are clean now thanks to my friend.  We have a gorgeous dog but she sheds and I badly need to vacuum often.

3. What is your favorite prayer?

The Memorare - These are the most words spoken by Mary in the bible.  They tell all.  Notice how she gives glory to God:

"My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my savior.

For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness;
behold, from now all ages will call me blessed.

The Mighty One has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.

His mercy is from age to age
to those who fear him.

He has shown might with his arm,
dispersed the arrogant of mind and heart.

He has thrown down the rulers from their thrones
but lifted up the lowly.

The hungry he has filled with good things;
the rich he has sent away empty.

He has helped Israel his servant,
remembering his mercy,
according to his promise to our fathers,
to Abraham and to his descendants forever."

4. What is the oldest thing in your house?

Either the antique chairs from my grandmother or her dessert dishes from the depression era.  Both of my daughters want to inherit these items.  When my mom passes (far from now...God willing), I will receive a china set from Germany and china cabinet along with Hummel figurines from Germany.

5. What's the best concert you ever attended?

It might have been Jimmy Buffet during an outdoor concert.  We were on picnic blankets on the lawn.  Otherwise, I usually dislike concerts.  They are too loud for me.  I guess I'm getting older.

6. Do you have a nickname?

They used to call me Eileen the String bean when I was younger.  They would shorten the version and call me Beener or Beenie.  I even remember writing a story about it in fourth grade.  My paper was the one picked by the teacher to read to the class.  I'm not called by this nickname anymore...I guess it just wore off or never caught on to anyone else except my family and neighbors when I was a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment