Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Eileen is Grateful
It is indeed a day to be grateful after we've been spared here in Maryland from Hurricane Sandy even though I have a terrible cold. Lord, help me forget about my own small miseries and lift up all those who are without power or have flooding or who are suffering in any way from the damage this hurricane left in its path. In an effort to be thankful, I am joining up with A Thankful Woman's Blessings. Just click on this link to participate.
1) I am grateful that my husband and two daughters were home Monday and Tuesday because of the hurricane. Yesterday, my cold totally wiped me out and I slept most of the day away. They played with my six year old and helped take care of him. I guess with age colds really can wipe me out these days. I am blessed to be able to have rested when my body needed it.
2) During the storm, I am so thankful that we did not lose our power. It went off and on about three times. Our good friends are without power and I know how hard this can be on a family.
3) I am thankful that my two daughters have each other. At the last minute, they decided to rig up a costume and trick-or-treat around the neighborhood tonight. It is a joy to hear them giggling and laughing together.
4) My middle schooler said she was grateful for having two days off from school which gave her two extra days to study for her Theology test.
5) I am grateful for the time my hubby spends with the little one. It melts my heart when I hear Patrick read to him.