Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook




I'm participating in A Simple Woman's Daybook today (it's better late than never).

Outside my window....it is sunny, calm, and 70ish in Maryland today.  It is beginning to cloud up a little as evening sets in.

I am thinking....what Halloween costume does my six year old wants this year.  We are studying Egypt and he expressed an interest in being a mummy once.

I am thankful....for the new friendships I've made through homeschooling and at my daughters' Catholic school.

In the kitchen....spaghetti and meatballs.

I am creating....contemplating a book that showcases the books and crafts I've used for my co-op classes.

I am wondering....what gift we should get for a friends birthday party this Sunday.

I am hoping....that I can continue doing my back stretches 10 minutes a day.

I am wearing....jeans and a purple shirt with designs.

I am reading....Founding Brothers by Joseph J. Ellis

I am looking forward to....seeing my two college sons again when they come home to vote in their first election.

Around the house....hubby and son are raking leaves outside while my two daughters are watching t.v. very low.

I am hearing....raking leaves and the t.v. low while the water boils the noodles with the vent fan on.

One of my favorite things....was creating our journal entries at our homeschool co-op today.

A few plans for the rest of the week....drive my daughter to play practice at her school and a sleep over and bring my son to a birthday party for fun, pizza, and cake.

A favorite quote for today...."In addition, the most reliable and recent studies of African tribal culture demonstrated that slavery was a long-standing custom among the Africans themselves, so enslaved Africans in America were simply experiencing a condition here that they would otherwise experience, probably in more oppressive fashion, in their mother country." (Joseph J. Ellis)









No comments:

Post a Comment