Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Monday, October 22, 2012

31 Days of Homeschool Encouragement: Healthy Support




HEALTHY SUPPORT

As a homeschool mom, I seldom take time for myself because I'm always thinking of the best way to meet the needs of my children.  I also teach two classes and want to be sure I have come up with a good plan for the kids.  This takes time.  Well, I've encountered some physical pain that I need to limit by doing some simple stretches and exercises at least 10 minutes a day.

The optimal time for me to do them is after I've driven my daughters to school and have come home and said my homeschool child's devotion and prayers with him.  I usually go right into our first subject for the day.  I can give him some Phonics to do on his own while I stretch in the morning.  He can do this subject on his own for 10 minutes.

Every day is not the same though.  For example, we have to attend a Mass and ring ceremony for my junior in high school one day this week.  I will not be able to stretch/exercise until after we've come back home.  If my morning routine is interrupted, I tend to get sidetracked with responsibilities.  It is so easy for me to get lost in meeting my son's needs rather than thinking of stretching....even with any pain.  I have to remember to take the necessary steps to feeling more energetic.

It will also help if I can loose 15 pounds.  Therefore, I need to stop snacking and eat smaller portions.  Why do I always finish what my son does not eat?  He eats about 10 times a day too and never gains weight.  More for me to eat...right?  Wrong!  I have to stop this bad habit.

This is why I'm linking up with all of you in trying to improve your health.  It is a worthy activity that I can use encouragement from others.  Tomorrow will be my first day in snacking less and exercising more.  Right now I can only do light exercising as a heavier workout can make my pain worse.  I'm hoping that the more I do to help my health....the better I'll be able to commit to a more strenuous workout.

I'm encouraged by all of you in trying to improve your health and energy level through diet and exercise! If I do this for 31 days, I may be able to enjoy my Thanksgiving dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment