Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Eileen is Grateful


It is really a beautiful fall day here in Maryland and there is so much to be thankful for today.  Visit Judy's blog to participate in this great meme to share what you are grateful for in your life this week. 

1)  I am especially grateful that I was able to witness the sunrise this morning while I dropped off a book at the library that was due.  The sunrise covered the whole sky with pastels.  After I turned the corner, bright pink spread all across the horizon.  By the way, I'm also glad I turned in my book before it was over due.  If you've read any of my previous posts to Thankful Woman, you will remember that I've had trouble with this in the past!  Yea!

2)  I am thankful that my husband and his two sisters have eachother to support while my mother-in-law is in the hospital.  My husband just happened to call her while she was having a mild (TIA) stroke and took her into the ER.  They are coming together to make decisions on how to care for my mother-in-law.  The kiddies and I are praying quite a bit for everyone.  Keep them in your prayers.

3)  I am thankful for the gift of BAPTISM in the first Luminous Mystery.  Yes, we are born again and it is a life long journey.  It doesn't happen one time but is a marvelous process that we go through to become beautiful in the eyes of God.  We become cleaner, little by little, to enter the Kingdom.  Baptism brings the reality of our life long journey to little ones in a much more tangible and understandable way.  God knows what we need!  Oh joy of my heart!

4)  I'm grateful for some of the easy recipes I thought of to make this week.  I just bought enough chicken to cut up for two simple recipes.  They are:

I.  One Dish Chicken and Rice

Ingredients:  1 (10-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 2 cups chopped cooked chicken, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1 cup frozen peas, 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper, 2 cups cooked white rice, 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided.

a) Preheat oven to 350F.  Blend soup, milk, salt, pepper, and mayonnaise in a medium bowl.  Combine chicken, onion, peas, bell pepper and rice in a large bowl; mix gently.

b) Gently fold soup mixture into chicken mixture to combine.  Fold in half the Cheddar.

c) Spray a medium casserole dish with cooking spray.  Spoon in chicken mixture.

d) Sprinkle top of casserole with remaining Cheddar.  Bake until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.

II.  Noodles, Gravy, and Chicken - gravy and chicken on top of egg noodles.  My family loves it.

5)  The Holy Trinity is one of the Great Mysteries of our Faith.  When we are out in public, we should not be ashamed to mark ourselves with the Sign of the Cross.  Too many young people are marking themselves with tatoos.  I say phooey to that - mark yourselve with the loving FATHER, SON, and HOLY SPIRIT!  Thank you for this Wonderful Mystery.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post. Thank you!
    Your chicken sounds yummy...My kids love egg noodles, w/dark kidney beans, a little butter, garlic salt or seasoning salt...sometimes we add a green salad or some garlic bread...and some of us sprinkle parmesan cheese on the meal...it is very easy, inexpensive, and tasty! I will be making your noodles, chicken,and gravy...my kids will love that:)

    ReplyDelete