Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Eileen is Grateful
It's great to be alive today as yesterday here in Maryland, it was very cloudy, foggy, rainy, and dreary. I was beginning to feel like the weather looked - kind of sluggish. Today is a little more bearable. What a great way to break through the fog by participating in Judy's blog at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Just list five things you are thankful for this past week.
1) I am so grateful to have been able to participate in the Mothers Mass and Brunch at my daughter's high school. I met some wonderful mothers - all devoted to faith and family. Some of these moms have ten and eleven children and I am in awe at what they accomplish. My daughter's school appreciates parents and families as it shows in the work ethic valued by all at the school. We are so fortunate to be part of this wonderful place.
2) I am ecstatic that I was able to see my two college sons home over the Thanksgiving holidays. They are so handsome and really strive to live for the Lord. I am so proud of them.
3) I am relieved and thankful that my five year old finally went to his little religion class. I had to attend and help out, but it was well worth it. He kept telling me he didn't want to go. I wasn't doing a good job getting him out the door. He finally came with me and did a good job in class. It was rewarding to see him doing a new pasting work of the 'Good Shepherd.'
4) I am grateful for the physical therapy I've received for the past two weeks on my back and legs. I don't have pain all the time but the new exercises are helping me. I'm too young to have this pain.
5) Yes - today I'm thankful for transformers for little boys. In presenting the fourth Luminous Mystery to the children today (Transfiguration), I compared it to transformers. Well, it is probably better if I'm thankful for the Transformation first - before the transformers. It is much more important. Nevertheless, the analogy was very effective in showing that Christ underwent a miraculous change on the mountain.