Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Friday, July 22, 2011

My Homeschool Week

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


It's time for The Homeschool Mother's Journal where we can share what has happened in our week together and discuss progress made for our homeschooling efforts.  Just click on this name to join in.

In my life this week.....I'm glad to say the Swim Team is finally over.  My husband and I attended the last meet together to see our daughters compete.  I was also able to bring my high school daughter to the eye doctor to receive an updated perscription and order a years supply of contact lenses for her.  My college sons have been able to visit friends on their days off and seem to keep pretty busy.  It is a joy to have them home.  I cook, wash dishes, and do laundry more but it is all worth while.  Their little brother loves to be with them often.  I was also able to get my daughter some more shirts and a skirt for her school uniform.  She goes to Catholic high school and was homeschooled through ninth grade.

In our homeschool week.....I finally received my planner this week and will be able to start putting some order into our schedule.  We will continue to do Math and English first thing in the morning four days a week.  Our Co-op will be on Tuesdays this year.  This means that History, Science, and Writing homework will be done on Wednesdays and/or Thursdays only.  I still have to schedule ballet class and Religious Education for Confirmation into the schedule.  I'll be working on this for the rest of the summer because I have to design a curriculum for the History class I'm teaching at our Co-op. 

My daughter was busy with Math corrections this past week and my five year old completed some journal entries and we read lots of library books.

Places we're going/people we're seeing.....This weekend is the Swim Team Banquet which is always aloth of fun.  We will be going over to our good friends house afterwards for a fun gathering.  I will also have my good friend (my son's girlfriend's mother) visit me with her exchange students from Korea the following day.  We will have danish and coffee in the morning at my house.  It will be nice to see my son's girlfriend and her family.  They are so sweet.

Next week will be very busy as we go to a cake decorating class at Joann's with some good friends, bring my dog to the vet to receive her shots, have a meeting with the Religious Education director, have our Co-op Pool Party, and go to my son's godmothers bridal shower.

My favorite thing this week was.....reading books to my five year old.

What's working/not working for us.....I need to find a computer technician to help keep my computers serving me effectively (just kidding).  I have some things that need to be downloaded to pdf files and for some reason it is slow getting fixed.

Questions/thoughts I have,,,,,Do you bring homeschooling on vacation with you?

Things I'm working on.....A timeline for the History class I'm teaching.

I'm reading.....Embracing the Kingdom - A Bible Study on Conversion by Rich Cleveland

I'm cooking.....My daughters made Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta for dinner tonight.

I'm praying for.....My daughters to have good luck with the four children they are babysitting for tonight.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share....."Little by little, the cotton thread becomes a cloth."

No comments:

Post a Comment