Saturday, July 16, 2011
Eileen is Grateful
I am sorry that I have been unable to participate in this great meme for the past few weeks. I am going through a difficult time with all the driving responsibilities for swim team and driving my sons to work. The house needs major organization and I can't think of anything to write about. We have no room for more books and my PTSD has flaired up a bit. Anyway, I am going to try to force myself to express my gratitude in this difficult time I'm experiencing presently because I know how important it is to be thankful to God for all of our blessings. To participate in this great meme just click on this name...Judy's blog. I'm sorry I'm late posting but now is the only time I was able to do this.
1) I'm grateful that I was able to make lasagna for my family the other day with less cheese. Apparently, I have put in too much cheese in the past and I finally figured out how to cut down on this.
2) I am grateful for a husband with lots of energy to keep up with the swim team schedule. He loves the activity and bonding through it with my daughters. If it wasn't for him, I would be unable to keep up with it.
3) I'm thankful that we have a good dog for my five year old. He is seven years behind my next youngest and is the only one without a close sibling in age. Therefore, I think he will always need a good pet to take care of. It is so nice to see him interact with our dog, Abby.
4) I am grateful that my husband and I were able to attend the Adult Pool Party the other night. For once, I was able to dress up and be with other adults. It was a nice change. I don't get to 'feel pretty' to often.
5) I am thankful that some summer reading material that came in the mail for my daughters to read when we go to the beach. I am so hopeful for our trip when swim team is over. It can be very stressful for me at this time of year. Keep me in your prayers.