Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Eileen is Grateful
It's time to praise God for our blessings and wisdom sent our way during the week by posting to Judy's blog. This meme never grows old and is always such a joy to hear how others have been blessed during their week. Just click on the name to participate. Here is my list I am thankful for this past week:
1) I am grateful that I made an appointment with the vet early to have our dog receive the necessary shots before we put her in the kennel when we go on vacation. The kennel thinks Abby needs a distemper shot but the vet said they do this every three years now. Therefore, I'll be able to clear this up before we go away.
2) I am so thankful for the wonderful time we had at the swim team bonfire and dive-in-movie at our pool. It was wonderful to gather with other families, make smores with my five year old, and watch a movie on the side of the pool while all the kids played on rafts in the water.
3) I am grateful that the Lord directed me to call a local parish to see if my daughter can continue to attend Religious Education classes there sporatically to receive her Confirmation next year. I have a meeting with the Religious Ed. director next week and am looking forward to working something out because we really like the books this parish uses.
4) I am thankful that I was able to see my doctor and get my prescription re-filled before we go away in August. It is so good to be able to accomplish some of these necessary things in advance. I can not function well when everything gets done at the last minute.
5) I am grateful for the little Catholic Bible Study by Emmaus Journey I am using. It is helping me to think deeper about God's Word and to direct more of my time toward praising and understanding the Lord's will in my life.