Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Eileen is Grateful


It is time to post to Judy's blog for the things I am thankful for this week.  It is so good to hear what others are thankful for because we all seem to experience similarities in our lives.  It is wonderful that we can experience each others blessings and know we are on similar paths to eternal life.

1)  I am very grateful that my daughter has taken the extra steps to study more for her Spanish class.  It is the only class she is having difficulty in this year.  My husband and I quized her prior to her exam.  This class is also a difficult teacher for her which makes it twice as hard.

2)  When I think about the Tsunami in Japan, I am so thankful to be safe and sound in our own country.  I can't imagine the suffering and devestation that occurred there.  I think about this often as I went through my week and lifted them up in prayers.

3)  I am grateful for the Mass for moms they had at my daughters high school last weekend.  I was able to get to know more of the mothers and had a very good time.  The priest had encouraging words for the school as he said he believes the community is a miracle at work on the beltway.

4)  I am grateful for the green icing we licked from the bowl after my daughter made shamrock and Ireland flag cookies for St. Patrick's day.

5)  I was also thankful for the ability to take a break from teaching my co-op class yesterday because my PTSD was acting up.  The moms were very understandable and even watched my children as I came home to take my meds.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you have a lot to be thankful for! How wonderful that the other moms were understanding & helped you out in your time of need! And, Japan has been on my mind so much this week too, as you could see from my list of thanks! God be w/ them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you were suffering during co-op; but so glad that your friends were there to help you in your time of need.

    ReplyDelete