Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Eileen is Grateful
It is time to post to Judy's blog today to express the things I am grateful for this past week. It is wonderful to think about all the ways the Lord has blessed our families. I enjoy hearing about everyone's grateful heart.
1) I am very grateful that on Friday my daughters, their friend, and I were able to attend the school play at my daughter's high school. It is wonderful to see my daughter interact with all her friends. While I was talking to another mom, I glanced back to see all the freshman girls lined up in one of the rows. It is important to note that it is due to her homeschooling years that helps to give her the convictions and integrity she has today. Her friends respect her for this and seem to really enjoy her company.
2) I am thankful that on Saturday I had some girl time for myself. I was able to eat lunch out with my daughter and her friend. Then I was able to get my hair cut and highlighted. I love my hair dresser. She is so friendly and does an excellent job every time. My husband also took me to the New Orleans style dinner at our Church put on by the Knights of Columbus. Some grading was also completed at the library. I don't know how I had so much time for myself today, but it was a great blessing.
3) I am so thankful that my four year old was able to stand longer by himself at Mass on Sunday and for the sunshine to come out after a cloudy morning that glitters over the pond with geese behind our backyard. When I woke up Saturday night/morning from 12:30 am to 3:30 am (insomnia) I was grateful for the free copy of "Homeschool Enrichment Magazine" also. It really is one of the best magazines I've ever seen!
4) I am grateful that we were able to get enough homeschooling finished on Monday even though we had a late start. Our carpool into school was sick and I had to drive my daughter in to school. By the time I got home, the kids were in 'play mood.' We eventually turned to the Lord and got organized but it took some encouragement and direction from mom. We usually get right to our work. I am grateful that the Lord gave me the energy and insight for this.
5) I am so grateful to be able to attend the parent/teacher conferences on Tuesday at my daughter's school. The teachers are wonderful and communicate very well with the parents. All except one. It will be interesting to see if this one teacher stays at her school as I think others are complaining about her. The other teachers are literally spoiling me by helping me educate my daughter. It is an asset to have Religion class also by such a wonderful woman. Learning about Our Lord is a requirement around here!