Thursday, November 22, 2012
Eileen is Grateful
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! How appropriate to participate in Judy's meme over at Thankful Woman's Blessings to list five things we are thankful for on this special holiday. Just click on the link to participate.
1) I am so grateful for my two college sons that have come home to spend Thanksgiving with us. They are so handsome! They will probably be bringing their girlfriends over to the house for a visit. It is so nice to see them steeped in faith and participating in family traditions.
2) I am grateful that I was able to prepare two different kinds of stuffing and a sweet potato casserole before yesterday. Therefore, I will be able to just pop them in the oven to heat up.
3) I am grateful that today my illness is not bothering me as much as it was yesterday. I have PTSD and yesterday I had a very rough day. I'm lucky I prepared the food ahead of time because if I had waited, I would probably not be able to function effectively.
4) I am grateful for the rosary that I was able to offer prayers for a nice man that passed away from my high school class. In fact, he was the first boy I ever kissed in 7th grade. I know he was a good man. I wanted to attend his funeral but with my illness flaring up, I was unable to go.
5) I am thankful that my daughters are getting a good education. It is such a joy to see them grow and develop a strong relationship together! With my illness problems effecting homeschooling at times, the Lord has given us a chance to foster their growth in the heart of the Church. I am so grateful for their Catholic school. I would not have it any other way. I am also grateful to be homeschooling my six year old son. This is indeed a great blessing!