Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

My Homeschool Week



It is time for A Homeschool Mother's Journal.

In My Life this Week...It has been a productive two weeks since my last weekly wrap up of homeschooling.  We were able to attend back-to-school night and meet all my daughter's teachers.  My son's religion class began and the first class went very well.  We also held two NOL co-op classes for journal writing that were successful.  Patrick also started Tiger Cubs.

In My Homeschool Week...

Religion - Faith and Life Series, Chapter 4 on "God's Special Gifts" and Chapter 5 on "Adam and Eve" with 8 workbook pages.  We are also continuing  with our daily devotions; Joyful, Sorrowful, Luminous, and Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary and 1 decade, and Pledge of Allegiance every day.  Our first religion class was on God's Creation.

Math - Subtraction, Addition, and Telling Time, and Counting Money

NOL Journals/English - Read books "Unexpected Treasures" by Victoria Osteen and Aesop's Fable:  "The Travelers and the Plane Tree" for our journal writing class.  We completed paragraphs and a craft for both books while learning twelve important character traits and two bible verses.  For English we discussed and completed an assignment on the four types of sentences:  declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory.

Reading - Story Time Treasures workbook pages after we read Little Bear's Wish together (Chapter 1)

History - The Story of the World by Susan Wise Bauer:  Finished test on Egyptians live on the Nile River; Read Chapter 3 - The Earliest Writings and Chapter 4 on mummies and pyramids.  Here are pictures of our Nile River we flooded and the Cunieform writing of the Sumerians.





Science - Harcourt Science:  Finished unit on animals.  We made up a song regarding mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians.  We read How People Grow and Change; What Bones and Muscles do; How the Heart and Lungs work.  Here is a picture of our model of how muscles and bones work together.  The balloon acts like a muscle when one bends the paper towel tubes.



Music Class

I'm inspired by...MeetUp website for the co-op classes:  http://www.meetup.com/nucleusoflife-com/

My favorite thing this week...Our homeschool co-op.  We have a new student and the boys all seem to get along great.  It is so much fun teaching them.

Things I'm Working on...We've been cleaning because we are getting our house appraised soon.

Questions/Thoughts I have...Have you been spending time in prayer?  Our country needs this.

I'm Reading..."Behind the Lodge Door" by Paul A. Fisher and "Founding Brothers" by Joseph J. Ellis

I'm Cooking....Salmon and rice

I'm grateful for...our Church.

I'm praying for...our country.

A picture to share...My son playing with the world beach ball.  We learn about the world with this.








No comments:

Post a Comment