Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Homeschool Week



It is time to record our week in homeschooling at The Homeschool Mother's Journal.

In My Life this Week...It has been a busy week because my husband traveled to California for the wedding of the son of our cousin.  Therefore, I had a bit more carpooling.  I could have gone with him but chose to stay home because it is the start of the school year and my arthritis is acting up.

It is a good thing because I've been able to take it easy on the weekend.  Meals have consisted of salads, pizza, fried chicken, and mac and cheese.  There were no scheduled commitments and we ate when we were hungry and got a little shopping done at a mall (which is rare). My daughter invited her good friend to go shopping with her.

In My Homeschool Week...

Religion - Faith and Life Series, Chapter 3 on "God is Everywhere" and 4 workbook pages, daily devotions with Mysteries of the Rosary and 1 decade, and Pledge of Allegiance every day.

Math - Subtraction, Addition, and Telling Time

NOL Journals/English - Read book "Sylvester and the Magic Pebble" by William Steig and verbally recorded sentences for our paragraph.  We marked our Subject Nouns, Verbs, and Enhancers.  We also had our first homeschool co-op.  We read "Jesus, the Good Shepherd" did a craft with sheep, and wrote our first sentence for paragraphs.

Reading - Story Time Treasures workbook pages after we read Little Bear together - Chapter 3:  Little Bear Goes to the Moon

History - The Story of the World by Susan Wise Bauer:  Chapter 2 - Egypt  Farmers along the Nile, Created our Nile River Project, narration, map work, and coloring page of Osiris and his brother Set

Science - Harcourt Science:  Chapter 2 - Animals Grow and Change:  Animals w/ bones - mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, and fish; and Animals w/o bones - insects; Life Cycles of Birds and Cats; Measured and recorded pictures of large and small bird eggs; Classification of animals that Have Fur, Can Fly, Live in Water, and Have Scales; Observed specific body parts of animals and how they help survival.

Geography - Map Skills:  Using Four Main Directions

Music Class - Missed music class.  Arthritis acting up.

I'm inspired by...MeetUp website:  It is fun to post messages about our co-op.  I'm also inspired by my daughter.  She is keeping in touch with a good friend that left her school and is now going to another school.

My favorite thing this week...Our homeschool co-op.  We have a new student and the boys all seem to get along great.  It is so much fun teaching them and seeing the other moms.  They really enjoyed playing the game I created.

Things I'm Working on...I have to develop a plan for my son's first grade religion.  I will be calling the director of religious education to arrange a time I can pick up the syllabus because I have to go to Back-to-School-Night and meet my daughters' teachers.

Questions/Thoughts I have...Have you ever enjoyed the peace and quiet while your hubby is away.  I'm grateful for all he does but sometimes...it's nice to have a break.  He bought me an inexpensive airline ticket to go to the wedding but is unable to transfer it over to his name.  Therefore, he said to me, "You can fly somewhere and just come right back."  Isn't he sweet!

I'm Reading..."Behind the Lodge Door" by Paul A. Fisher and "Founding Brothers" by Joseph J. Ellis

I'm Cooking....Nothing at all!

I'm grateful for...all the teacher's we are going to meet on Back-to-School Night.

I'm praying for...my friend's sister who was in a horrible bike accident.

A picture to share...University of Maryland Tailgaiting




No comments:

Post a Comment