Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Homeschool Week



The Homeschool Mother's Journal has moved but I do not know how to hook up with it.  I love this meme and want to record my homeschooling weeks.  Last week was a busy week because I had to drive and pick up my two daughters from private school.  Nevertheless, we did accomplish some things I want to keep a record of for memories.

In My Life this Week...It was a challenge to do all this driving while I had to homeschool Patrick.  You see him here beginning our day with the Pledge of Allegiance, a Devotion, and a decade of the Rosary.

My daughter, Claire had orientation on Monday.  Therefore, I stayed in Virginia and joined the Fairfax County Library since I will be continuing to bring my daughters to school in the morning this year.  I found some great books to use for Patrick's journals.  My older daughter was so good to work with Patrick at home while I took my middle schooler to orientation.

On Tuesday, I had a doctor's appointment in Bethesda and I packed Patrick's books and took the show on the road.  We found a nice spot in front of a tiny French restaurant to do our work.  It was a pleasant morning.  The libraries in Bethesda were duds.  We also had time to play on the playground at Westview Mall before my appointment.  It is so nice to see all the young parents with their children.  Then it was off to get the girls.

In My Homeschool Week...

Religion - We went over seven bible verses during the week.  Patrick knows that Peter is the 'Rock' the Church was built on by his office of the first Pope, we should not turn God's house into a market-place, we should use kind words, and one's real lasting treasure is within the heart!  We completed the first chapter in our Faith and Life Series about Our Heavenly Father.  During some of the mornings, we recited the Sorrowful and Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary.

Math - Addition and Subtraction, Telling Time

NOL Journals - Wrote Journal Entries for "Henry Builds a Cabin" by D.B. Johnson and "Too Many Toys" by David Shannon, drew and colored pictures, verbally expressed and wrote paragraphs, chose keywords and went over bible verses, and marked sentences with parts of speech.

Reading - Story Time Treasures workbook pages after we read Little Bear together, Best Buy Books comprehension and sequencing, Phonics, and handwriting

History - Historians, Archaeologists, and made a Family Tree

Geography - Directions on the map and I have a great beach ball with a picture of the world on it and animals.  We threw it around and talked about it.  Patrick knows the four oceans and seven continents.  We also looked up Conger Eels.

I'm inspired by...my two daughters.  It is so nice to see them growing and maturing and getting along with friendly teachers and peers.  Kristen, my oldest daughter, really impressed me this summer by volunteering at the hospital, being a Coach in Training (CIT) for swim team, and lifeguarding.  We are so proud of them.

My favorite thing this week...My college son had an interview and now has a great part time internship for engineering.  We are so proud of him too.

Things I'm Working on...I have to get some materials laminated for our homeschool co-op craft.

Questions/Thoughts I have...What in the world are they going to talk about at the Democratic convention?  Politics is not my favorite subject but it's important.

I'm Reading..."Behind the Lodge Door" by Paul A. Fisher

I'm Cooking...Chicken, rice, and beans and a breakfast meal that sits in the frig over night for breakfast during the week.

I'm grateful for...I found a great (but expensive) cupcake place.  I want to make my First Amendment cupcakes again sometime.

I'm praying for...our country!


No comments:

Post a Comment