Saturday, March 3, 2012
My Homeschool Week
It is time for the Homeschool Mother's Journal again. It is a great opportunity to record and share what we've done with our kids the past week. Please click on the link to join the fun. Below are some highlights from our week:
1) In my life this week...it was so much fun being able to see my daughter and her swim team friends honored at Winter Sports Night at her high school. The coach is outstanding and makes it a lot of fun for the girls. My other daughter was just accepted to the school for next year. She is very excited. Therefore, I will just be homeschooling my five year old next year. I'm going to have to come up with some creative ideas to keep him busy.
2) In our homeschool week...
Math - Writing Decimal Numbers in Expanded Notation; mentally Multiplying Decimal Numbers by 10 and 100; Completed Two Graphs from Data Collection and Surveys; Subtracting Mixed Numbers with Regrouping.
English - Diagramming Relative Pronouns as Subjects, Direct Objects, and Objects of Prepositions in Complex Sentences.
Religion - Analyzed connection between two Religious articles titled: "A Different Kingdom" and "A Child Shall Lead Them." Afterward middle schooler listed the Kingdom Parables and we discussed this site Kingdom Parables.
Latin - Syllabication, Accents, and Pronunciation for Vocabulary Words. Studied and quizzed orally.
History - Read Chapter on World War II - The American Home Front and Completed Workbook. Also completed 'For Further Study' on WWII era movies, Bob Hope, Kilroy, etc.
Science - Finished Draft on Physicist Report
Writing - First Draft on Book Report for "God's Smuggler." Also edited first draft and then completed final draft for "Magic Thread."
Reading - Read 'Seven Sons' in Comprehension Workbook and 'The Prophecy Fulfilled' and 'The Last Sacrifice' in Thinking Skills.
Vocabulary - Took written exam and completed the next lesson.
Art - Painted animal symbol of dove during Noah's Ark to represent peace.
Geography - Central America and Caribbean Islands
Music - Piano Lesson and practice
Phys. Ed. - Skipped ballet to attend Sport Night.
3) I am inspired by...my OB GYN. He knew right away that I may have an imbalance of hormones. After tests were taken, his hypothesis was correct. I will have to take progesterone for three months.
4) Places we're going and people we're seeing...It was great to see the parents of all my daughter's friends at her high school. We also attended the musical at my daughter's high school. It was very well done. 95% of the play was singing and dancing.
5) My favorite thing this week...was when my oldest son came home from college last weekend and surprised me. It was great to see him. He was able to get an internship this summer so we are very excited for him. He is majoring in Engineering. Last semester he received a 4.0! We are so proud of him. He was able to go snow boarding with some friends while he was home and take a break from college life.
6) Questions/thoughts I have...How do some homeschoolers have so much time to blog? I am so impressed by all the information many of you are able to share on your blogs. I find that I have little time for blogging.
7) A photo, video, link, or quote to share..."The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller