Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Eileen is Grateful

I am writing to add the things I am thankful for on a Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings this week.  Please feel free to go to Judy's blog to be part of this special meme.

I am thankful for the warm oatmeal with a small touch of light brown sugar I can have on cold mornings.  It really warms me up.

I am thankful for the Christmas ham dinner we had together.  I was able to make pea soup afterwards with the leftovers.  Unfortunately, no one else in my family will eat pea soup.  I guess that means more for me.  I really wish they would give it a try though because it is so good and very healthy.  This also warms me up.

I am thankful for the warm showers we can take in the morning to start our days, warm beds at night to cuddle under the covers, and a propane heated fireplace.  The temperature just suddenly dropped in Maryland and all these things that keep us warm I am so grateful for tonight.

I am thankful for the good friends we were able to visit during the Christmas break.  They both live on farms and have gorgeous houses.  Each house has a movie room in the basements.  My two youngest watch Toy Story III at one house with the children while I visited with their mom.  My husband watched the Maryland football game at the other house while the moms and children gathered and talked upstairs, occasionally taking a break to watch the game.

I am thankful for the good friends my children have to hang out with and have fellowship with eachother.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us again this week, Eileen!
    What a wonderful list of blessings you have shared! WARM showers and beds...OH YES! Thank the Lord!
    I share in your joy for the blessing of good family friends...we are so thankful for this as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list of blessings...full of warmth! We recently watched Toy Story 3 & LOVED it. I don't think I've cried that much over a movie in a long time!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love pea soup. But, I will admit that I did not when I was younger. It just looked so unappetizing. About half of my family likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list. And love pea soup! Thanks for visiting my blog! God bless!

    ReplyDelete