Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook-August 19th, 2015




I'm participating in a Simple Woman's Day Book.

Outside my window...it is overcast here in Maryland today and the sun is finally trying to peak through the clouds.  It is overcast in my mind too. I am trying to teach my son how to be a good and respectful student/child when an adult is speaking to him.

I am thinking...that it will be a challenge to utilize Seton Homeschool for my fourth grader next year.  We will be attempting to follow their course materials, but I'm already having doubts about it with the way my son is behaving.

I am thankful...that we are not on welfare and stuck in the welfare trap.  Our welfare system has effectively set up roadblocks to the two main avenues for economic progress: marriage and employment.  The War on Poverty (Lyndon Johnson) has cost nearly $16 trillion since 1965, more than twice the cost of all U.S. military wars combined.

In the kitchen...I made stuffed peppers last night.  My husband and I enjoyed them as the kids were either at their girlfriend's house, at college, at work, ate too many cookies before dinner, or eating at a pizza place with a friend.

I am wearing...black and blue short set and top w/ flip flops.

I am creating...I have created the journal lesson plans and craft for tomorrows coop.  This is a big benefit today as I am tied up with teaching an important lesson at the moment.
I am going...nowhere.  I plan on saying the rosary at home with my son.

I am wondering...how I am going to break my son of feeling he is entitled to too many things.  Last night his little buddy and he squirted each other with the hose (not in their baithing suits but their play clothes) and got soaked head to foot.  Boys will be boys.

I am looking forward to... Teaching my son about the economy.

I am hearing...peace and quiet while my son is being disciplined with a time out in his bedroom and my daughters are at work.

Around the house...I have been decluttering little by little trying to purge old books and materials and make room for the new books and materials.  I also cleaned out the cars.

I am praying...for our homeschool year togther.  The beginning of the year always seems to have some hurdles to overcome.

One of my favorite things...was listening to the EWTN mass today with my son.  "Christ has bore the brunt of the days heat for us."  The reading of the vineyard owner:  "The last shall be first and the first shall be last."

A few plans for the rest of the week...is to have the NOL Journal Writing Coop and go for a Ladies Night Out.

Here is a recent picture to share of our 5 beautiful children at the beach.





No comments:

Post a Comment