Friday, April 10, 2015
It's time for Deo Gratias over at Colleen's blog where we list five things we are grateful for this week.
1) I'm thankful that my husband's heart surgery went well and he is getting stronger every day. It's been 5 weeks now in his recovery and things are looking good. He had a valve repair. There were no blockages - just his heart valve wasn't closing properly. He is giving all the glory to God these days. It is wonderful to see his recovery.
2) I'm grateful that my two youngest children were able to have a sleepover at their friends house last night. Their daughter is friends with my daughter and their son is friends with my son. With my husband's recovery, we haven't been able to do a lot during my daughter's Easter break from school. My husband goes to rehabilitation 3 days a week now. We haven't been able to go much anywhere lately.
3) I'm thankful that my husband took my 15 year old daughter to get her ears pierced the other day while I was at homeschool coop with my 8 year old.
4) I'm grateful that our coop days are coming to an end. We have one more week of coop than a celebration. We will have a pizza party and Ben and Jerry's ice cream for our last coop.
5) I'm thankful that the Holy Spirit is guiding me to sacrifice more and pray more. We've been trying to attend daily Mass or listen to it on EWTN.