Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Friday, April 25, 2014

7 Quick Takes




I would like to participate in 7 Quick Takes today over at Conversion Diary.  Just click on the link to participate.

1.

I went to pick my daughter up at her boyfriends house the other night.  Most people use the cell phone to call their child to come out to the car, but I went to the front door to knock.  I guess this is old fashioned.  Nevertheless, I'm glad I did because I got to sit and have a glass of wine and cheese and crackers with Joey's parents.  What a beautiful family I was able to meet and spend time with together.  They have ten children and I was able to meet most of them.  The teens were outside having a bonfire together.  All the little ones were inside watching t.v.  The have such a fun house.  Next time you pick your son or daughter up at a friends house, go to the front door at least just to say hello and thank you.  My daughter, Kristen, is blessed with this friendship.

2.

The other day we went to Aunt Zina's house to let the kids play and enjoy some girl time together with Zina.  We had such a wonderful time.  I am grateful for this wonderful family too.  If you would like to read about our visit...with a bit of politics thrown in....go here http://ordainedpraise-homeschoolmom.blogspot.com/2014/04/will-real-evildoers-please-stand.html.

3.

We had a successful NOL Journal Writing Coop yesterday.  The boys had a great time.  Here are some pics to share:




4.

We had a wonderful visit at Grandma's over Easter.  The high point for my seven year old was the Living Stations at our Church on Good Friday.  Here is a pic of my mother and I.  Please pray for her as she has very bad arthritis.


5.

We went to two practices for Holy Eucharist preparation this week.  My son is doing the second reading and did a marvelous job.  He will be receiving his sacrament tomorrow so I have to find a pair of dress pants for him today.

6.

We've started helping out with and After School Program for some poor families in our town.  So far, I've been doing my dance and movement class.  Next class, I will bring my game I invented for them.  We do this once a week.

7. 

We received great news from my two college sons.  One was accepted into the Ph.D. program and the other received a part time job at University of Maryland Hospital in Baltimore.  I am so proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment