Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Eileen is Grateful



To be grateful for the blessings God bestows on us is one of the highest forms of respect and worship for God.  Judy's Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings provides one an opportunity for just this.  It is so beneficial to a Christian to take the time to reflect on their blessings rather than rushing through every day and taking them for granted.  Therefore, take a moment and give to God your respect and worship by listing five things you are thankful for during this past week.

1)  I am very thankful for our local library even though they reduced their hours too much.  You know - budget cuts and all.  We get some wonderful picture books for my six year old and I to read together.

2)  I am so grateful for the religious education program at a local parish and their religious education director and staff.  They have a wonderful ethos toward customer service (like the Lord would have it).

3)  I am extremely grateful for Fr. Robert Barron's Word On Fire Website.  Check it out.

4)  Every day I am amazed at the progress my six year old shows in remembering bible verses and stories we write about in his journals.  In just one sitting, we reviewed seven journal entries and ten bible verses he completed for his work.

5)  I'm stuck - so I asked my daughter what she was thankful for this week.  She said, "I am thankful for my sister because - if she was not here - I would be surrounded by boys.  My daughters do have a very special relationship.  I am grateful for this!


3 comments:

  1. Number 5 is so cute. And, how wonderful to have special reading/studying time with your little one. Thanks for sharing, Eileen! (Incidentally, please visit http://religiousfreedomwalk2012.blogspot.com/
    Perhaps you can spread the word in your area and maybe even want to join for a leg of the journey (or all!)...the pilgrims are coming your way! They are staying at Holy Family, in Middletown, one night! Thanks for sharing your blessings with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely relate & agree w/ #1 & 2...I don't know where I'd be without our library. I watched a couple of Fr. Barron's videos on YouTube, but haven't been to his site. I'll definitely have to check it out.

    To answer your question on my post...yes, our 2nd oldest son recently became an altar server. I was worried at first because of his ADHD, but he's done a great job so far despite being a fidgity young man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing that your little guy is memorizing Bible verses! That is definitely something to be grateful for...Wow! :-) We love our library here, too.

    To answer your question, the honey program we participated in was not government run. It was run by a local mom who is trying to start a homeschool group. She wants to offer as many programs to the community as possible. The woman who taught the class is actually a friend of hers. She is trying to bring in as many people from the community as possible. It has been a real blessing to find it.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend! God bless, Lisa

    ReplyDelete