Thursday, July 12, 2012
Eileen is Grateful
To be grateful for the blessings God bestows on us is one of the highest forms of respect and worship for God. Judy's Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings provides one an opportunity for just this. It is so beneficial to a Christian to take the time to reflect on their blessings rather than rushing through every day and taking them for granted. Therefore, take a moment and give to God your respect and worship by listing five things you are thankful for during this past week.
1) I am very thankful for our local library even though they reduced their hours too much. You know - budget cuts and all. We get some wonderful picture books for my six year old and I to read together.
2) I am so grateful for the religious education program at a local parish and their religious education director and staff. They have a wonderful ethos toward customer service (like the Lord would have it).
3) I am extremely grateful for Fr. Robert Barron's Word On Fire Website. Check it out.
4) Every day I am amazed at the progress my six year old shows in remembering bible verses and stories we write about in his journals. In just one sitting, we reviewed seven journal entries and ten bible verses he completed for his work.
5) I'm stuck - so I asked my daughter what she was thankful for this week. She said, "I am thankful for my sister because - if she was not here - I would be surrounded by boys. My daughters do have a very special relationship. I am grateful for this!