Friday, July 6, 2012
Eileen is Grateful
It is time (a little late) for a Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Just go to Judy's blog to list 5 things you are thankful for from the Lord.
1) I am grateful that our electricity came on Tuesday. It was out from Friday through Tuesday. We were able to give our food to 2 different families so it wouldn't go bad. It was a pain but my family grew closer during this time also. There is something about no electronic devices and struggling through difficult times by candle light that made it almost feel like a type of camping trip.
2) I am thankful for our good friends that invited us over their house to escape the heat. We had a wonderful time with them.
3) I am so thankful for our pool. We spent much time there and used the showers/rest room while we couldn't use our own during the power outage. The pool has also provided my children with jobs as lifeguards, growth on the swim team, assisting in coaching kids, and teaching swim lessons. For this I am extremely grateful.
4) I am grateful to have the time this week to post to Judy's Thankful Woman and peak into your lives. I see so many blessings.
5) I am extremely grateful to be able to spend the 4th of July at my good friends house in Frederick. I was unable to face big crowds from my illness. No lie, we were able to see about 10 different firework displays from her yard. We saw Ft. Detrick and Baker Park too. It was a great time with food and friends!