Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Simple Woman



Today I'm going to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook even though I'm not quite sure how to hook up to the correct post.

Outside My Window...there has been a soft and steady rain all day long here in Maryland.

I Am Thinking...that yesterday for Mother's Day was very relaxing and pleasant to spend time with my husband and three children.  Hubby bought a new table and two lounge chairs for the back sun deck and we ate dinner out there and took peaceful rests in the lounge chairs while our children played in the hose together.  My two college sons also called me in the morning and wished me a happy Mother's Day.  They will be home for the summer in another week.

I Am Thankful for...the wonderful friends who came to our middle school co-op today - even in the rain!  It was great to talk to other moms and hear the children bond and play.  The classes went well.

From the Learning Rooms...today we discussed the Cold War years in history and discovered the past evils of Communism.

From the Kitchen...we are having pizza tonight because we have to attend my daughter's dress rehearsal for her ballet class.

I am Wearing...blue jeans, a purple shirt, and flip flops.  I have 'rainy weather hair' which means I just let it go so it is very wavy.

I am Creating...a journal writing plan for the first grade co-op next year.

I am going...to travel 45 minutes in this rainy weather to get to my daughter's dress rehearsal tonight - yuck!

I am Reading...Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp

I am Hoping...that I can wake up my daughter and her friend who is sleeping over up tomorrow morning.

I am Wondering...why Communism has been so successful.

I am Hearing...the rain coming down and the kids talking downstairs while a t.v. show is on.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Monday is my daughter's dress rehearsal and sleepover with a friend, Tuesday we get our hair cuts and have piano lessons, Wednesday is the kindergarten co-op, Thursday I have two doctor appointments and I have to pick my daughter up from school, Friday we have a piano guild and my daughter's first dance recital, Saturday we have two more dance recitals and I am a 'backstage mom,' and Sunday my daughters and I meet grandma for a Mother-Daughter luncheon at her Church.

I am pondering...that this is going to be a very busy week and I hope I don't forget anything.  I'm usually not this busy going out and about to places.

Some quotes to share...

Let words be a search to reveal truth.

The whole world is a stage and we all have stage fright.

Progress has to do with direction more than speed.

If you think you have no faults, you have at least one.

Be grateful for what you have, rather than regretful for what you haven't.

The manner of giving means more than the gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment