Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Eileen is Grateful

I am so fortunate today to be able to participate in a Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings meme at Judy Dudich's blog.  We list five things we are thankful for during our week.  Just click on the link to participate.

1)  I am grateful that my husband and I spoke to a pro-life OB GYN and he told us to employ the Creighton Model of fertility to avoid pregnancy.  We were the only 'old timers' at the meeting with four young newlywed couples.  I hope we didn't look too awkward.  Anyway, I like this method much more than NFP (Natural Family Planning) because it take less time.  It's actually fun to chart because they supply you with these little stickers.  (I'm like a kid.) Have you heard of this method?

2)  I'm thankful that my five year old son was able to participate in the "Liturgy of the Light" celebration at the Church with his religion class.  It is one of my favorites.


Patrick receiving his candle

Getting ready for the procession

Lighting the Pascal Candle

3)  It is also very good that the medicine my doctor gave me seems to be helping to control the lightheadedness I was having in the past.  I can focus better and get more accomplished.

4)  I am grateful for Patrick's teacher who drove him home after religion class so that I can take my older daughter for her ballet picture.

5)  It was also wonderful for my highschooler to be home from school on Monday.  My girls had bonding time together.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Good teachers seem to come in abundance this week! YAY!
    I love attending the Easter Vigil as the Mass starts outdoors with the lighting of the Paschal Candle and we then process into the church; lighting each of our candles from the one...and from each others'...the candles remain as the only light in the church for the beginning of Mass and it is SO beautiful. (Is this the same as Liturgy of Light? Do you mean the Easter Vigil?) Thanks for participating in this meme with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Judy - Easter Vigil for little people. Montessori based: Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.

    ReplyDelete