Monday, December 26, 2011
I am able to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook because I am taking a relaxing break from homeschooling during this Christmas season. It is a joy to be able to relax and participate in this wonderful meme where we just share our thoughts with each other and do not have to worry about our schedules and responsibilities for a little while.
1) Outside my window.....it is a cold day here in Maryland. There is no snow this Christmas season and today was bright and sunny. My children had the opportunity to play outside in the yard for a little while.
2) I am thinking.....I've been fighting some kind of illness for the past two weeks. It has been rough going because I've needed more rest than usual while also needing to prepare for Christmas. I can feel this bug's effect on my system weakening but little bits of it linger on. I hope I can get rid of it soon. Tomorrow I'll be going to the doctor.
3) I am thankful for.....having the opportunity to say our family rosary together today. It is not often that the entire family is together with our two oldest sons in college. It was such a joy to come together in prayer today. I hope my children will always say the rosary.
4) From the learning rooms.....we are taking a much needed break. Nevertheless, my middle schooler finished her final draft for her history book report on "Escape from Warsaw" and I continue reading with my kindergartener.
5) From the kitchen.....lasagna.
6) I am wearing.....black jeans, a purple long sleeved shirt, and a black sweater with my hair pulled back in a pony tail. Got my magnifying lens glasses on from CVS. You know - the eye sights going a little with age.
7) I am creating.....clothes on my daughter's sewing machine. I'm tired of the clothes in the stores. It all looks like cheap, skimpy, expensive junk to me.
8) I am going.....to my mother's house in West Virginia on Wednesday.
9) I am reading.....Real Change by Newt Gingrich and books from http://www.tjed.org/.
10) I am hoping.....to phase in some excercise for my new years resolution.
11) I am hearing.....three of my children playing and singing on the other computer.
12) Around the house.....we need to badly organize and declutter.
13) A quote to share....."I think the one lesson I have learned is that there is no substitute for paying attention." Diane Sawyer