Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Eileen is Grateful


I've been having some aches and pains this week which makes it hard to focus on what I am thankful for.  I'm going to try to block out the pain and think about the brighter times during my week by participating in A Thankful Woman's Blessings.  Just click on this link to participate in this great meme.

1)  I am so thankful for the gift of the Holy Spirit.  In John 14: 15-27 the Holy Spirit is called the 'Advocate.'  What joy to know that the spirit supports us and is always with us.  Jesus calms the Apostles down considerably when he tells them that he will not leave them orphans because he will be sending the 'Spirit of Truth' to them.

2)  I am grateful for my family.  Family is so important.  We can support eachother in good times and bad.  Unlike some acquantances who disappear during bad times - our families are dependable and compassionate to all our needs.

3)  It is so nice to have a husband that can drive my daughter to swim team practice and swim meets.  It would be too difficult to homeschool my younger children if I didn't have the help from my husband.  My older children can be challenged in good Catholic communities because my husband helps out and gets involved.

4)  I am grateful for the Christmas Mass and Brunch at my daughter's high school.  During the homily, the priest focused on some words spoken by Pope Benedict.  It is so rewarding when parents hear good things happening in the school environments of their children.  It is very difficult to trust others in this day and age.

5)  I am thankful for our homeschool cookie swap the other night.  It was fun to talk with some of the other moms even though only three of us are actually teaching classes.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful list! And, God bless you that amidst the pain, you can find much to be grateful for! You are an inspiration! :-)

    I hope this week will be a better one for you!
    God bless,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. To give thanks in all things...even our suffering.
    You have reminded us of this and have been a lovely example of looking past what ails us to the blessings that surround us.
    I hope that you feel better soon...and I'm glad that you joined us this week even though you weren't feeling well.

    ReplyDelete